GVIM code not acknowledged on Terminal

Hey guys!
Can anyone tell me if they were able to use a different command for the gvim command? I keep typing it into my terminal and all I get it “command not found” I literally cannot progress in my assignment until I can get this basic thing done. Please tell me if anyone else has experienced this and what can be done to correct the problem. Thanks so much in advance!

gvim is a text editor that has a pretty complicated keystroke pattern. If you’ve never used it before you need to spend some time learning how to use it. It is a special version of “vi” which is what you would learn.
However, you probably just need a text editor in this case and anything would work in it’s place such as “TextEdit” on Mac or “nano” from the command line.

Thank you for your response. I will definitely be looking into that in the near future in order to better understand what is expected. I managed to work it out as I was using the wrong character in the text editor and it was blocking me from downloading the proper pod but I have since managed to work it out and turned my assignment in on time. Thanks again for your help Professor.